January 29, 2012
January 12, 2012
Phew! 2011 was a busy year! Of course, you have no idea what I was up to since I didn't blog about anything :) Oh my! Here is a quick recap:
- Charles got hired by the company he was contracted to work with. He is almost working his dream job. He's working on getting them to do more 3-D animation.
- We moved into a townhouse from our apartment.
- Major flooding in North Dakota. We had no problems from the flood, but my sister in Minot did. Britt and Chad are real troopers!!!
- We had water problems in the basement of our townhouse from all of the groundwater. There was mold and mushrooms and a lot of yuckiness.
- Lily (Noodle) started preschool! When did she get so old?!
- I quit my job to be a stay-at-home mom. We felt Lily needed more of her parents than both of us working full-time allowed for.
- Ethan (little guy) arrived on his own before my due date. He is almost the total opposite of Lily.
- I finished my Associate of Science degree. Finally!
- We found out that Lily has a sensory processing disorder. We start occupational therapy later this month.
2012 is going to be a busy and quick year also! Lily is going to start kindergarten in the fall. (I am totally terrified!) Ethan will probably still be laid-back like he is now; he might learn how to be louder than his sister :)
Right now, our main goal is to try and be the best parents that we can. We have started using the Nurtured Heart approach and it has worked wonders on the defiance and general misbehaving! It has also improved her focus and listening. We will be starting occupational therapy later this month which should help with the sensory issues she is having. I will post more about her issues later. I see the little guy stirring across the room, so it must be time to eat!