February 4, 2012

Poor vision woes

Not everyone is blessed with 20/20 vision. Some people can't even get their peepers corrected to 20/20 with glasses (I am one of those!). While sometimes blurry vision can be a good thing (bokeh photography anyone?) it's not always all it's cracked up to be.


I don't wear contacts because they do not improve my vision any better, I have dry eyes, and they require more maintenance than I am willing (or have) to give them. This makes a lot of things that some take for granted very difficult for me.

One of the worst things about having poor vision is taking a shower without the ability to see. Suddenly, every dark spot in the shower is something ominous. I have really, really bad eyesight, so even a couple of hairs tangled up in the right configuration can appear to be the most evil creature that ever lived. Which means I can see a dark spot in the shower with me, but cannot tell what it is. Of course the first thing that comes to mind is spiders.


image credit: hyperbole and a half


Oh dear god there is a giant spider in the shower with me! It will bite me! So now I'm trying to finish my shower and keep away from the spider. It is really hard to try and stay away from a spider while in the shower. Especially if it is on the floor of the shower. Then it moves. All. Over.

As soon as I get out of the shower, I put on my glasses to get a better look at this ginormous evil being.




Didn't see that one coming, did you?

1 comment:

Brittney said...

BAHAHA I see spiders too, but I think your vision is worse than mine =)